5 Mukhi Rudraksha Five Mukhi Rudraksha As per Shastra’s :
5 Mukhi Rudraksha Five Mukhi Rudraksha
।। पंचवक्त्रः स्वयं रुद्र : कालाग्निनार्मतः प्रभुः सर्वमुक्ति प्रदश्चैव सर्व काम फल प्रदः ।।
पदशिवपुराण अ. २५, श्लो. ६९
5 Mukhi Rudraksha is Kaalagni Rudra form of Lord Shiva. All the desires of the wearer are said to be fulfilled and one is said to be released from all bonds.
Shiv Puran Chapter. 25, Shloka. 69
Essence of Five Mukhi Rudraksha:
As per scriptures, the 5 Mukhi Rudraksha has a very strong aspect of Lord Shiva. Kaalagni Rudra is that form of Shiva who was the nemesis of all evil. He could unleash a force or power that could destroy evil forces in the blink of an eye. Effulgent and powerful this Rig Vedic deity destroyed the evil reign of Tripurasura. He manifested to save the Devas, Rishis and humans from tyranny, displaying a very compassionate heart. Fierce and strong he destroyed the reign of terror that had gone beyond the scope of the word evil itself. His weapon the Kalaagni burnt the three cities of Tripura in a flash reducing them to ashes. None of the evil inhabitants could escape the wrath of Rudra.
This helps them to experience Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha on this path of ascension. This is a very important Rudraksha that has found a permanent place for itself in the Shiv Mala and Swasthya Bandh. Very often even the higher Mukhi Rudrakshas are worn with this bead because of its potent energy. Truly the Nepal 5 Mukhi Rudraksha is a prerequisite for everybody who wishes to experience the Shiva element.
Benefits of wearing the 5 Mukhi Rudraksha :
- General benefits: It is said that the wearer of this Rudraksha lives life completely, calmly and fearlessly. Thus the wearer is blessed with good health and peace of mind. The wearer becomes relaxed and stress-free in his daily pursuits and leads a better quality of life.
- Spiritual Benefits: The Shastras advice wearing this divine seed for a complete Chakra cleansing and re-energizing. 5 mukhi Indonesian beads are used for a Shiv Mala along with a 1 Mukhi to enhance meditative focus.
- Health Benefits: It is said to be good for circulation of blood and also keeps the blood pressure in check. The Pali variety of this bead is believed to be effective in chronic coughs, colds and sinusitis. It is believed to be ideal for good health, peace of mind and safeguards from untimely death.
Who should wear the Five Mukhi Rudraksha:
The wearer of this Rudraksha is purified of their sins, aligned with their life purpose, experience wish fulfilment and reach a point in life where they are happy. The graph of life favours them by giving them an upward push.
As per texts this bead saves the wearer from untimely death and blesses him with a fearless demeanour. Metaphysically it activates all Chakra points in the body ensuring a free flow of divine energy. When a 5 Mukhi Rudraksha is held in the palm of both hands it brings in warmth. The 5 Mukhi Rudraksha nullifies the malefic effects of the planet Jupiter. This Rudraksha can be worn by all.
Lord Rudra and 5 Mukhi Rudraksha
As Mrutyunjayaaya he saves from untimely death. As Kaalagni Rudra he destroys sins of devotees thereby purifying them and enabling them to complete their entire life cycle.
The Rudram is a Sanskrit prayer that clearly glorifies Rudra. In some of the Anuvakas (stanzas) Lord Rudra is invoked to steal away negativity and bless with health, wealth and prosperity. Wearing a 5 Mukhi Rudraksha connects the wearer to a frequency that ensures that he is walking the path that is divinely meant for him with utmost protection.
Rudra is addressed as “Rudreshwara Heem Shailesh Jagadishwara Satguna Bhushaa”! He is also called as Maha Rudra, Kala Rudra, Kalpanta Rudra and Veera Rudra! He is the repository of auspiciousness, courage and effulgent existence. So remember this when you wear a 5 Mukhi close to your heart for that is the only way to experience his divine power. A 5 Mukhi can be kept in every room of the house to ward off negativity and energize the area.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha :
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.