4 Mukhi Rudraksha Four Mukhi Rudraksha As per Shastra’s :
4 Mukhi Rudraksha Four Mukhi Rudraksha
।। चतुर्वक्तः स्वयं ब्रह्मा यस्य देहे प्रतिष्ठति स भवेत्सर्वशास्त्रज्ञो द्विजो वेद विदा वरः ।।
पद्म पुराण अ. ५७, श्लो. ४८
4 Mukhi Rudraksha is Brahma. One who wears it becomes knowledgeable of all Vedas and all other Shastras.
Padma Purana Chapter. 57, Shloka. 48
Essence of Four Mukhi Rudraksha : 4 Mukhi Rudraksha
The 4 Mukhi Rudraksha is blessed by Lord Brahma. He is the wielder of supreme creative power that creates the entire existence in the Cosmos. He is the creator in Hindu pantheon. He is also addressed as the father of the Vedas. Brahma is known as Prajapati, Hiranyagarbha and Vagishpati. He is seated in the lotus flower that stems from the navel of Lord Vishnu.
The wearer of the 4 Mukhi Rudraksha can harness extensive creative knowledge and inculcate it to totally transform into a new personality. Thereby any new role or the same one that may require change is met with creative optimism and enthusiasm. While seeking knowledge, the principles of creative work, personality and optimism are considerably enhanced by wearing the 4 Mukhi Rudraksha.
A person wearing this Rudraksha is known to get shining intelligent eyes, a balanced mind while using the art of creative verbal expression. This results in a major advantage in the process of communication for the wearer. The Brahma Gayatri invokes him stating
Benefits of wearing the 4 Mukhi Rudraksha
- General Benefits: The 4 Mukhi displays efficacy in strengthening memory. It is believed to increase creative energy, concentration and focus. 4 Mukhi Rudraksha
- Spiritual Benefits: It is believed that this Rudraksha enhances the power of the mind to focus, helps to concentrate and improves memory. As per our scriptures, It energizes the 7 chakras to spin at a higher frequency and experience enhanced divine vibrations. The 4 Mukhi Kantha made of 32 beads enhances the optimal functioning of the Chakras. 4 Mukhi Rudraksha
- Health Benefits: It is recommended for people who suffer from brain disorders. It is said to be beneficial for dementia and Alzheimer’s. Differently abled children are suggested to wear this bead.
Who should wear the Four Mukhi Rudraksha:
The new age contemporary lifestyles require a continuous assimilation of knowledge. The 4 Mukhi Rudraksha enhances the intellect of the wearer and helps him attune his mental set up to sustain and survive constant change. The 4 Mukhi Rudraksha controls the malefic effects of the planet Mercury. Thereby it blesses the wearer with a stable mind and a keen intellect.
The 4 Mukhi Rudraksha is essentially for those who seek knowledge, comprehending the essence behind creation and become more creative. Like the four-faced Lord Brahma, the wearer gains knowledge from all the four cardinal directions. It is suitable for all 4 stages of human life. They are Brahmacharya, Grihastha, Vanaprastha and Sanyasa.
The four Mukhi is highly suitable for those involved in intellectual/creative work. Students, teachers and writers can benefit from this bead. Children can wear this Rudraksha to improve their focus and memory power. A 4 Mukhi hanging is used in the study area of children to energize the study area. 4 Mukhi Kantha is highly beneficial for those who wish to assimilate knowledge, enhance intellect and inculcate enthusiastic learning calmly.
Story of Lord Brahma
As per mythology Lord Brahma was assigned the process of creation. He is represented with four arms and has four heads with and ruddy complexion. His hands hold the Vedas, a Mala, a Sruva (a ladle) and a Kamandal. In his concept of creation it is believed that the world exists for one Kalpa in the single blink of his eyes. One Kalpa means 2,160,000,000 years in the ancient Vedic calendar. Lord Shiva showed Brahma his Ardhanareeshwar form so that both masculine and feminine principles can be created to ensure a continuous cycle of balanced creation. It is believed that after every Kalpa there is dissolution and the process of creation begins again. From his knowledge Brahma also created a powerful weapon called Brahmaastra. Once a warrior invoked this weapon it had to be used. So powerful were its effects that whoever it touched would cease to exist and all life forms or the existing land would turn barren thereby finishing any creative force that can further existence.
Brahma is the soul of the Vedas who blesses with higher intellect while illuminating the mind. Wearing the 4 Mukhi gives access to the right, relevant knowledge that beautifies the intellect making it shine with creative ideas.
Important Note :
It is believed that in the earlier days, a crown made of 4 Mukhi with 5 or 6 Mukhi that consisted of 550 beads were used in crown therapy. Ancient Sages used this crown for treating patients with mental disorders or to control stress.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your four Mukhi Rudraksha :
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions. 4 Mukhi Rudraksha
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries. 4 Mukhi Rudraksha
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.
Mantra : || ॐ ह्रीम नमः ||