11 Mukhi Rudraksha ( Nepal Origin )
11 Mukhi Rudraksha Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha ।। अश्वमेधसहस्त्राणि यज्ञ कोटि शतानि च गवा शतसहस्त्रस्य सम्यगत्तस्ययत्फलं तत्फलं शीघ्रमाप्नोति वक्त्रैकादश धारणात हरस्य सदृशो लोके पुनर्जन्म विद्यते ।।
पद्म पुराण, अ. ५७, श्लो. ७८/७९
The 11 Mukhi Rudraksha represents Lord Hanuman. By wearing it one becomes like Shiva and later one is liberated from the cycle of birth and death.
Padma Purana, Chapter. 57, Shloka. 78/79
Essence of Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha:
The 11 Mukhi Rudraksha is blessed by Lord Hanuman. He is also called as Ekadash Rudra. Hanuman is virtuous, strong and infallible in his physical, mental and oratorical skills. As per the Padma Purana anyone who wears the 11 Mukhi is known to be abundantly blessed with all the virtues of Lord Hanuman. He would gain negotiation skills, self-confidence, intelligence, physical strength and a powerful mind.
This divine bead has a unique power to control the physical senses. It is believed makes the wearer fearless and is highly recommend during meditation and also to inculcate single minded devotion to God. Lord Indra also blesses this Rudraksha. This bead brings good luck, good fortune, man-management skills and power to gain absolute control over senses. The eleven Rudras reside in the 11 facets of this bead. The Hanuman Chalisa sums up the energy of Lord Hanuman in some simple stanzas.
Even merely meditating on Lord Hanuman is said to boost strength, self-confidence and courage. This is the true essence of the divine energy that rules the 11 Mukhi Rudraksha. This bead controls the malefic effects of the planet Mars. It is worn individually around the neck. Ancient scriptures advised people to wear it on the Shikha (tuft of hair on top of the head) to energize the Sahasrara / Crown Chakra. It is also worn with the 9 and 10 Mukhi Rudraksha in the power combination for protection.
Benefits of wearing the 11 Mukhi Rudraksha – Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha
- General Benefits: It is believed that this bead is very effective in aiding the process of decision making. It is also helpful for short tempered individuals for anger management. It improves man management and networking skills. A person’s self-confidence, mental and physical strength receives a tremendous boost. It is said that it gives protection during journeys. It enhances vocabulary thereby inducing powerful speech. The concentration of the wearer improves. Thus wearing this Rudraksha makes the wearer experience tremendous self-esteem bestowing him with courage and fearlessness. The Hanuman Kavach is a highly preferred product because of its material and metaphysical benefits.
- Spiritual Benefits: As per texts, this bead is an essential for people who wish to be steadfast, still and calm while practicing yoga or meditation. Ancient scriptures advised wearing this bead on the Shikha. This practice helps in attracting and moving the Kundalini Shakti from the Mooladhara chakra. This energy is attracted upward towards the Crown / Sahasrara Chakra thereby evoking supra-consciousness.
- Health Benefits: According to people’s experiences, This bead considerably re-energizes the entire immune system, muscles and nerves. It induces optimum levels of blood flow evenly throughout the body. It is said that it boosts energy levels and wards away off lethargy. Activity and energy replace laziness.
Who should wear the Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha:
The 11 Mukhi Rudraksha is the natural representative of the resourceful Lord Hanuman. It is believed that the wearer of this bead becomes like Lord Shiva. The soul gets liberation from the cycle of birth and death once this bead is worn. This bead displays high potent energy that helps in improving networking skills. Tie ups and human resource management skills also receive an upward boost. It improves self-confidence. It bestows supreme physical and mental strength. It is a traveller’s essential as it protects during journeys.
Lord Hanuman – Ansh Avatar of Lord Shiva
Lord Rama was an Avatar of Lord Vishnu who took on this form to slay Ravana and grant him salvation. Since Lord Brahma had blessed Ravana, Lord Rama could not slay his ardent devotee. Lord Hanuman a Ansh Avatar of Lord Shiva, is absolutely devoted to Lord Rama. Lord Rama was aided by him in finding Mata Sita who was abducted by Ravana. He set Lanka on fire with his tail to harass the Asuras. He helped Rama fight the terrible war against Ravana. He even procured the Sanjeevini herb to resurrect Lakshmana who was injured by Indrajeet’s deadly weapons. Throughout the Ramayana his strength, intelligence and absolute devotion to Lord Rama shone through. He derived his strength from his love and devotion to Rama and was the nemesis of every evil force. The Sanskrit prayer invokes him saying.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha : Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.