6 Mukhi Rudraksha Six Mukhi Rudraksha
6 Mukhi Rudraksha Six Mukhi Rudraksha ।। वाग्मी धीरः सभायाम् च तृपवेश्मनी संसदि न च कातरतामेती तैव भंगो भवेद्ध्रुवम् ।।
पद्मपुराण, अ. ५७, श्लो. ६२
6 Mukhi Rudraksha Six Mukhi Rudraksha : The wearer of a 6 Mukhi Rudraksha is said to become a skilled speaker. The person is said to experience that they do not get timid or nervous.
Padma Purana, Chapter.. 57, Shloka. 62
Essence of Six Mukhi Rudraksha:
The Six Mukhi Rudraksha is blessed by Lord Kartikeya the youthful, resplendent brave son of Lord Shiva. Kartikeya is known as Skanda (the spilled one) Shanmukha (the six faced one) Mahasena (Commander of the army of the Devas, Guru Guha (he who resides in a cave symbolic of the heart of Shiva). When you envision Kartikeya a bright faced youth who is a fearless warrior riding on a peacock and holding his weapon the Shaktivel comes to mind.
The Six Mukhi Rudraksha is useful in controlling the malefic effects of Venus. Some texts also state that this Rudraksha is jointly blessed by Kartikeya and Lord Ganesha. It is believed that Goddess Laxmi also blesses the wearer of this Rudraksha. Thus it can be worn on the neck or on the wrist to do away with lethargy while boosting energy, attractiveness and essential communication along with fearlessness.
The six Mukhi Rudraksha can increase the attractiveness of the wearer. It has been clearly mentioned in the texts that this is the Rudraksha to wear for attracting the right knowledge, wealth and youthfulness. It blesses the wearer with wisdom, increased intelligence, will power and a steady mind. It improves artistic qualities, expression power and oratory skills.
Benefits of wearing the 6 Mukhi Rudraksha :
- General Benefits: It is said to be good for the intellect and it aids in improving ones communication skills. When invoked, it is believed to bless the wearer with wisdom, increased intelligence, will power and a steady mind. It said to improve artistic qualities, expression and oratory skills.
- Spiritual benefits: Ancient texts say that wearing a six mukhi energizes the Svadhisthana Chakra (the sacral chakra) to improve vitality and clear any obstructive energy.
- Health Benefits: It is believed to be good for the reproductive organs and strengthens the prostate glands in the males. It helps in mitigating gynecological issues in women. It is found useful in strengthening the functions of nerves and muscles. It is said to help keep diabetes and thyroid under control.
Who should wear the Six Mukhi Rudraksha:
It is believed to be good for teachers, executives, journalists and those who want to improve their communication and marketing skills. The wearer of this Rudraksha is free from emotional trauma and learns to live and appreciate life without wallowing in grief or self-pity. The wearer is said to achieve dynamic energy, love, beauty and harmony with learning, wisdom and knowledge. Thus the wearer will have a better understanding of love, music and personal relationships.
Story of Lord Kartikeya
According to our scriptures, Lord Kartikeya originated from the spilled seed of Lord Shiva to destroy Tarkasur. The heat emanating from this seed was so great that it was given to Agnidev for safe keeping. Even he could not hold it for long and handed it to Ganga. The waters of Ganga started evaporating and she deposited this seed on the Sharavana reeds. The seed split into six children and the children were taken care of by the six Krittikas. The six children were crying very loudly till Goddess Parvati came to see them. She combined them into one child. At her glance the six faced child became calm and his faces unified into one. This child was trained by Shiva, Shakti, Brahma, Saraswati and Laxmi.
He then fought Tarkasur and killed him. Once when lord Shiva asked Kartikeya the meaning of Om Kartikeya replied that only if he is given a place higher that Mahadev he would impart this secret. By revealing this hidden secret in Lord Shivas’ ears, much to the delight of Goddess Parvati; young Skanda was lovingly given a place on lord Shivas’ shoulder. Kartikeya is the energy that gives meaning to strength of OM (Pranava).
This verse from the Skanda Shakta Stotram clearly describes the form and energy of Lord Kartikeya. Kartikeya right from his birth was aided by pure and powerful divine deities like Agni, Ganga, Krittikas, Laxmi and Parvati and also by. Since he is born out of the blazing seed of Lord Shiva he is also associated with the planet Mars.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha :
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.