2 Mukhi Rudraksha Two Mukhi Rudraksha As per Shastra’s :
2 Mukhi Rudraksha Two Mukhi Rudraksha
।। द्विवक्तस्तु मुनिश्रेष्ठ अर्धनारीश्वरो भवेत् ।।
• श्रीमद्देवीभागवतम् अ. ७, श्लो. २४
” ll O great Sage (Narad), the 2 mukhi Rudraksha is Ardhanareeshwar ll ”
Shrimaddevibhagavatam, Chapter. 7, Shloka. 24
Essence of Two Mukhi Rudraksha :
This Rudraksha controls the malefic effects of the planet Moon. It is believed that this Rudraksha boosts self-confidence and arrest a fickle mind that wavers. Thus it is very useful for people seeking strong relationships that are stable and balanced.
The 2 Mukhi Rudraksha is a symbol of Ardhanareeshwar. This Rudraksha is helpful in bringing affinity, unity and intensity in relationships. It brings family happiness and peace and liberates from the ill effects of Moon.
The 2 Mukhi Rudraksha is known to aid people striving to achieve balance with peace and harmony. Thus it is conducive to people who wish to find the right partner, enjoy peaceful family relationships, business partnerships and other relationships in education or working life. The 2 Mukhi Rudraksha further balances the material and spiritual aspects of human life.
Benefits of wearing the 2 Mukhi Rudraksha :
- General Benefits: It enhances self-confidence and controls a wavering mindset hence it helps in decision making. It is said to be useful for a peaceful and harmonious relationship and in finding a suitable life partner for a good family life.
- Spiritual Benefits: It is said to be extremely good for mental peace and a calm demeanour. It is effective in enhancing concentration and helps in channelizing the energy of Svadhisthana Chakra.
- Health Benefits: It is considered to effective for sleep disorder. It can be worn for chronic cough and cold and other problems related to the chest region.
Who should wear the Two Mukhi Rudraksha: :
In today’s times where very less time is devoted to Homas or Yajnas because of the fast paced schedule that people follow. It is therefore advisable to wear this Rudraksha to seek the benefits of the above rituals. It is known to boost self-confidence and arrest a fickle mind that wavers. Thus it is very useful for people seeking strong relationships that are stable and balanced.
It bestows a balanced countenance, rids people of depression and helps them take right decisions very promptly. Where a single 2 Mukhi Rudraksha is excellent to place in the house or place of worship for a harmonious relationship, a Moon Mala (2 Mukhi Mala) is good for Chandradosh Nivaran. Alternately a 2 Mukhi Rudraksha can be kept in the place of worship and Puja can be done during Pradosh as this is an auspicious time to seek blessings from Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
Story of Ardhanareeshwar :
As per mythology, there was a demon named ADI who could change his form at will. To entice Shiva he approached him in the form of Parvati. Lord Shiva the all-seeing God recognized this deceit and killed him. However Goddess Parvati was furious to see another woman with Shiva. She cursed Nandi his gatekeeper to turn into a stone idol.
Parvati’s fury knew no bounds. Lord Brahma decided to intervene and took away her dark, furious form (Kali). Parvati then took on a poised golden form called as Gauri. Lord Brahma then blessed her that your form will merge with your husband’s form so closely that nobody would ever separate both of you. This is how the Ardhanareeshwar form was first eulogized.
Please Note :
The 2 Mukhi Nepal Rudraksha is a rare bead. The Java 2 Mukhi and Haridwar variety are more easily available. Haridwar variety of 2 mukhi bead is a substitute of 2 mukhi from Nepal. This bead from Haridwar does not have a natural hole and a hole has to be drilled into it for wearing purpose. It is only an alternate due to high price of Nepal 2 mukhi therefore it is considered to be partially effective.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha : Two Mukhi Rudraksha
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.