9 Mukhi Rudraksha Nine Mukhi Ruduraksha : As per Shastra’s :
9 Mukhi Rudraksha Nine Mukhi Ruduraksha
।। दुर्गवातधिष्ठात्री नवरूपा महेश्वरी तं धरस्येव्दामहस्ते रुद्राक्षं भक्ति तत्परः सर्वेश्वरो भवेन्नूनं मम तुल्यो न संशयः ।।
शिव पुराण, अ. २५, श्लो. ७४/७५
9 Mukhi Rudraksha is controlled by Nava Durga. By wearing it on the wrist of the left hand, the person becomes like Lord Shiva.
Shiva Purana, Chapter.25, Shloka. 74/7
Essence of Nine Mukhi Rudraksha:
The 9 Mukhi Rudraksha is blessed by Goddess Durga in all her nine magnificent forms. These nine forms are known as Nav Durga. The quintessence of Nav Durga worship is sheer dynamism with raw power. Goddess Durga is addressed as Shakti and she is the primordial energy of the entire universe.
The energy of this divine mother is encased in the 9 Mukhi Rudraksha. This divine bead is worn for the grace of the Devi as a protective armour is formed, shielding the wearer from all evil forces. The Nav Durga manifest to readily spring on evil hostile forces so that the wearer experiences a surge of strength and energy. They are Shailputri, Bramhacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyayani, Kaalraatri, Mahagauri and Siddhidhatri. They are worshipped during Navratri. As per Padma Puran and Shrimad Devi Bhagwatam, Lord Bhairav also blesses this Rudraksha.
Benefits of wearing the 9 Mukhi Rudraksha , Nine Mukhi Ruduraksha :
- General Benefits: It is said that it bestows energy, dynamism and courage to the wearer in abundance. It is also believed that the woman who work relentlessly at home, office or in both the places benefit tremendously from this bead. The Durga Shakti bracelet, a talisman of sheer strength is much sought after by career women who are always on the move.
- Spiritual Benefits: As per texts, It increases spiritual inclination and faith. Devotion to God can be felt at the core of existence. Malefic effects of Ketu are nullified. The effects of Kaal Sarpa Dosh are also considerably kept under control.
- Health Benefits: It is said to be extremely beneficial for stomach related issues, body pains and skin allergies. All problems related to ear, nose and throat are also resolved.
Who should wear the Nine Mukhi Rudraksha :
The 9 Mukhi Rudraksha carries the same energy. It makes the wearer powerful and self-confident. The wearer of the 9 Mukhi Rudraksha becomes fearless and stress free. Sins committed by a person get condoned by the grace of the divine Shaktis. It is the best talisman to get one’s conscience purified through fire. As per the Rudraksha Jabalo Upanishad there are nine strong powers in this Rudraksha. Kaal Bhairav also adds to its protective strength. This is the reason this bead is said to remove the fear of time (Kaal) from the mind of a person. It is believed to remove the malefic effects of the planet Ketu.
The 9 Mukhi Rudraksha dissipates energy which is the mystical power of the divine Goddess. This is the reason why it is preferred by working women and housewives. When worn close to the heart the energy of the Nav Durga is enshrined within, the innermost core of our hearts. This is where deep reserves of strength and courage are drawn out to manifest a fearless and dynamic life.
The conception of God in feminine form can be traced to ancient Vedic literature. The hymns called Suktam are also associated with supreme feminine energy. There can be no dispute about the antiquity of the powers of the Nav Durga. The wearer is showered with abundant blessings if he humbly surrenders to her. The 9 Mukhi Rudraksha guides along every day, pacifies ills during the trying times of life and shields from evil forces. This Rudraksha can be worn on the wrist of the left hand. It is also used with the 10 and 11 Mukhi in the protection combination. The 9 Mukhi Rudraksha is very often recommended for women who are career oriented. It is known to ease out stomach related issues, body aches and allergies affecting the skin.
Nine Mukhi Ruduraksha
Story of Goddess Durga :
Once there was a demon called Mahishasur. He had become powerful because of a boon from Lord Brahma. He could not be killed by any Devata, Vishnu or Shiva because of this boon. He oppressed humans, Devatas and Rishis was gaining a rapid momentum. That is when Lord Brahma asked the Devatas to invoke the Devi. Goddess Parvati manifested as Goddess Durga, from a splendorous energy emitted by Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. She rode a lion with her many hands wielding weapons gifted to her by all the deities. Awestruck by her beauty Mahishasur asks her to marry him. She insults him, refuses and battles his army when he orders them to attack. This Goddess ensured many Shaktis emerged from within her to fight the Asuras. Finally when the entire army was killed she leaped on Mahishasur who had turned into a buffalo and attacked him. She then impales him with her trident and liberates the entire universe from the clutches of evil.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha : Nine Mukhi Ruduraksha
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.
महाशिवपुराण के अनुसार नौ मुखी रुद्राक्ष माँ भगवती की नौ शक्तियों का प्रतीक माना गया है | कपिलमुनि और भैरोदेव की कृपा भी इस रुद्राक्ष पर मानी गई है | अतः इसे धारण करने से मनुष्य हर कार्य में सफल होता है एवं देवी साधको कों नौ मुखी रुद्राक्ष अवश्य पहनना चाहिए।
इस रुद्राक्ष पर केतु का प्रभाव भी माना गया है | केतु ग्रह का नाम अचानक और अजीब सा फल देने के बारे में जाना जाता है इसलिए इस रुद्राक्ष के धारक को अचानक कई प्रकार के लाभ हो सकते हैं |