3 mukhi rudraksha Three Mukhi Rudraksha As per Shastra’s :
3 mukhi rudraksha Three Mukhi Rudraksha
।। त्रिमुखश्चैव रुद्राक्षो अप्वग्नित्रयस्वरूपकः तद्धारणाच्च हुतभुक् तस्य तुष्यति नित्यशः ।।
श्रीमद्देवीभागवतम् अ. ७, श्लो. २६
Three Mukhi Rudraksha is a form of all three types of fire. The wearer is blessed by Lord Agni.
Shrimaddevibhagavatam, Chapter. 7, Shloka. 26
Essence of Three Mukhi Rudraksha :
The Three mukhi Rudraksha is blessed by Lord Agni.
The 3 Mukhi Rudraksha is blessed by Agni (fire). He is the three faced Rig Vedic deity who is fiery and powerful. He is addressed as Mahajwalaa and Saptajivha (The one with seven tongues). Agni Dev is the deity that manifests in the fiery heat of the sun, in the lightning strike and in households as fire for cooking. Anything that touches him is reduced to ashes.
It is said to be good for boosting your energy levels, overcoming laziness and improving blood circulation. It is believed to make the wearer fearless, courageous and enhances self-esteem. It helps in subduing the negative effects of Mars. It provides a protective shield to the children.
Benefits of wearing the 3 Mukhi Rudraksha
- General Benefits: It is believed to make the wearer fearless, courageous and enhances self-esteem. It helps in subduing the negative effects of Mars. It is said to be good for children who are prone to accidents and sickness.
- Spiritual Benefits: As per our scriptures, wearer of this Rudraksha is freed from sins, karmic debts and past life memories as per sacred texts. It is ideal for people who wish to break free from inferiority complexes, fear, guilt, depression, anxiety and weakness. The wearer of this Rudraksha lives life in a free and optimistic way.
- Health Benefits: It is said to be effective for people suffering from anemic conditions. It is good for boosting your energy levels, overcoming laziness and improves blood circulation.
Who should wear the Three Mukhi Rudraksha:
Wearing 3 Mukhi Rudraksha is believed to be as auspicious as participating in Havans (sacred worship with offerings to fire) as per texts. It is believed that accrued sins of past life are effectively burnt. Thus the wearer is set free from the burden of past Karmas. So powerful is Agni’s tongues that he laps up negativity and purifies the wearer and his surroundings. It is also associated with the trinity of supreme Gods Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. A 3 Mukhi Rudraksha can be placed in the kitchen to enhance the Vaastu and energize the kitchen area.
Story of Agni Dev and 3 Mukhi Rudraksha :
Agni Dev can be pleased by chanting his Gayatri and wearing the three Mukhi Rudraksha. The secrets of an illuminated mind and existence are unveiled when this practice is followed. Agni embodies life, duty, sacrifice, virtues and liberation. In Mythology Agni had a very close connection with Lord Shiva and his consort Goddess Parvati.
Agni Dev is one of the Panch Mahabhutas (five elements) who burns evil to ashes. The seed of Shiva that was fiery was handed over first to Agni for safe keeping as that would be the child who would later on slay Tarkasura. Agni safely carries this seed to Ganga and she in turn places him it in the Sharavana reeds. This seed eventually becomes Kartikeya the son of Shiva. In Rig-Veda Agni was given a very prominent place of importance. He exists in heaven, earth, sky and the underworld.
It is no doubt that Lord Shiva assigned the 3 Mukhi Rudraksha to the three faced Agni. It is the flames of burning fire that keeps a person warm. Similarly this Rudraksha brings about a warm existence that is filled with blessings of self-confidence and a guilt free existence.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha :
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.
Mantra : “Do Mukhi Surya Chandra Ko Barne”